Review of Washboard bag

Okay, so I ran a brief and somewhat rough test with K’s cloth nappies which were the original reason for the project (in the hopes we could take then overseas and avoid ‘sposies’.

Anyway, parts of the zigzag pattern peeled away from the bag (probably from me bending the bag to get a grip whilst scrubbing) and the bag i chose actually leaked as i was scrubbing leaving me wiyh wet hands and a puddle on my scrubbing surface, which fortunately for me was my bathtub, so all in all it worked somewhat.

I may have added a few too many items though as the actually nappy shell wasn’t quite clean, but the liners i put in (which are what really needs the scrubbing anyway) soaped up well and seemed to be cleaner.

So I think I’ll call it a half success. A heavier based bag as opposed the the one i bought would have been much more successful at holding and retaining water as I scrubbed, and all dots as opposed to a dot and zigzag pattern too. I hope this helps on your efforts to make your own version. Good luck and get crafty 😀


Author: mumof0ne

I'm a mother to a beautiful toddler, and a wife to a very supportive man. I am still a blog newbie, so be kind :P Check out my posts and sign up on the mailing list so you never miss an update! I have linked the blog to Facebook and Twitter accounts for an instant share... but I also have an Instagram account for those interested - Follow for updates on new posts and occasional ramblings :P

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s